Export Compliance Overview
It is KVM Tools Inc responsibility as an Exporter to ensure proper classification of controlled goods and to “Know its Customers” per Department of Commerce guidelines in Supplement 3 to Part 732 of the EAR (https://wwwbis.doc.gov/policiesandregulations/ear/732.pdf).
- Under no circumstances, will KVM Tools Inc sell products contrary to U.S. Export regulations and laws.
- All parties to U.S. Export transactions must ensure their exports fully comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance not only involves controlled goods and technologies, but also restrictions on shipping to certain countries, companies, organizations, and/or individuals
- Hiring an agent, whether a freight forwarder or some other agent, to perform various export tasks, does not relieve KVM Tools Inc of its compliance responsibilities.
- KVM Tools Inc must adhere to ITAR notifications by Customers.
- Under the “Know your Customers” guidelines, we must understand:
- What is the product you are purchasing?
- What is the final destination of the product?
- Who is the ultimate end user?
- What is the end use?
- If required, KVM Tools Inc must have all approvals in place before export of product or Technical Data.
- If ECCN is requested from a customer and/or distributor, please send a completed BIS-711 form to KVM Tools Inc.
Who Will be Required to Complete a BIS711 Form?
- All Customers with Foreign “Ship-To” addresses.
- Those Domestic customers we know or believe will export our product.
- Information on Form is cross-checked with “Consolidated Screening List” that is accessed via the BIS web site (www.bis.doc.gov) to validate customer/end-user is not:
- In a Restricted Country (i.e. on the Nonproliferation Sanction list);
- On the Denied list;
- On Debarred List (i.e. not allowed to order defense articles);
- On the Specially Designated Nationals List
- If there are questions related to information contained on the BIS711 we will be consulted for feedback.
How to Complete the BIS-711 Form: (Directions in linked PDF)
- Final Customer (End User/Ultimate Consignee) must complete Sections 1 through 6.
- If Final Customer is different than the Purchaser – Section 7 will need to be completed by the Purchaser (company buying product from KVM Tools Inc)
- All sections should be either typed or printed legibly in English.
- Complete shipping/mailing address must be provided in Section 1.
- Proposed End Use of product must be indicated clearly in Section 2.
- Both A and B in Section 3 must be completed by the Final Customer.
- Section 4 – Additional information is optional.
- Section 5 – Complete only if Final Customer is assisted in completion of the form.
- Section 6 – Must be completed the Final Customer and must be signed.
- Section 7 – as indicated above need only be completed if Purchaser is different than Final Customer.